The Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA) is an international, non-profit, educational society celebrating pre-17th century history by researching and recreating the better bits of it.
Lochac - our SCA kingdom
Darton is in the SCA Kingdom of Lochac, which consists of Australia and New Zealand.
Welcome to the Current Middle Ages - Kingdom of Lochac
The SCA groups in New Zealand are:
- Barony of Ildhafn (Auckland - top of the North Island)
- Canton of Cluain (Hamilton)
- Shire of Darton (Wellington - bottom of the North Island)
- Hamlet of Sherwater (Wairarapa)
- Barony of Southron Gaard (South Island)
- Hamlet of Gildenwick (Nelson)
- Hamlet of Wildmoor (Dunedin) .
Membership and SCANZ Inc
The modern legal arm of the SCA in New Zealand is SCANZ (Inc).
The SCA explores all aspects of medieval life. Just as people in the day did many different things, so do we. We recreate most activities that were available at the time. We just have better equipment and higher safety standards!